Slow icons update and wrong icons display?

App eedomus iOS disponible sur l'appStore

Slow icons update and wrong icons display?

Messagepar Horia » 10 Juin 2019 18:11

Dear All,

I wonder if anybody else faces the same issues with the iOS app and the m.eedomus.com web app as me on iPhone 8 running 12.3.1.

In the iOS app, for screens/rooms with video cameras and long list of objects, the icons take up to 5-10 seconds to display, and for lights instead of the ON icon I get the dimming icons (I use a shadowed replication of the on in this case). Surprising on other iPhone 7/6s in my home, the wrong icon does not appear but they also see slow icon updates, while on an iPad neither of these issues appear.

In respect to the m.eedomus.com web app, on my iPhone when I add it as icon on the home screen, the app opens in the mobile safari (hence I see the URL bar and the tool bar) and not anymore in full screen mode. The same happens on all iPhones in my home. On my iPad the old home screen icon opens in full screen mode, while a new icon opens in safari mode.

I did create a ticket for all these issues but I haven't seen yet any feedback or improvement.

Thanks and regards, Horia
Maison avec eedomus+, 200 dispositifs(60 en zwave/+, 10 en RFXcom, 5 cameras, les restes virtuel), automatisation éclairage, sécurité maison, environnement, access, chauffage, notifications, agenda.
Horia

Re: Slow icons update and wrong icons display?

Messagepar Harzhal » 06 Oct 2019 09:24

Bonjour à tous,
J’ai lu le message de Horia et d’après ce que j’ai compris (mon anglais étant loin d’être parfait), le phénomène expliqué est identique à celui que je constate depuis un certain temps :

- Sur les applis iPhone uniquement et pas sur iPad dans lequel le phénomène ne se produit pas.
- Lorsque je fais défiler les objets contenus dans une pièce, en allant rapidement vers le bas de la liste, dans un premier temps ce sont les icônes du haut de la liste qui s’affichent et après quelques secondes l’affichage devient normal.

J’avoue trouver ça un peu énervant surtout que je n’ai pas vu d’amélioration arriver. Au départ, bien entendu j’ai supprimé et réinstallé l’appli sur les 2 iPhones mais ça ne change rien.

Je voudrais savoir si d’autres utilisateurs autres que Horia et moi ont constaté cette bizarrerie...
Dernière édition par Harzhal le 07 Oct 2019 06:47, édité 2 fois.
eedomus+ Domotique Z-Wave sur Chauffage + Eclairage + Protection ouvrants + Volets roulants & Vélux + Protection fuite eau & fumée + Vannes connectées + Caméras Foscam - +de 70 objets connectés + Station Netatmo + Somfy Connexoon + Onduleur APC
Harzhal

Messagepar domaboul » 06 Oct 2019 21:48

Idem pour moi
domaboul

Messagepar Harzhal » 23 Oct 2019 07:47

Bonjour.

Avec la mise à jour de la box eedomus, peut-on espérer une mise à jour de l'appli IOS qui règlerait le problème évoqué dans ce sujet qui pour le moment reste sans réponse ?
eedomus+ Domotique Z-Wave sur Chauffage + Eclairage + Protection ouvrants + Volets roulants & Vélux + Protection fuite eau & fumée + Vannes connectées + Caméras Foscam - +de 70 objets connectés + Station Netatmo + Somfy Connexoon + Onduleur APC
Harzhal

Messagepar Horia » 15 Jan 2020 16:27

I hope we get a solution.

I personally like the mobile interface more but with the new iOS I can't run it anymore as an app and opens in a mobile safari tab which I dislike. Strange on an iPad the old widget can open the mobile site as an app with the latest iOS. I couldn't find how to replicate on the phone and creating a new screen bookmark on iPad opens as well in mobile safari.

Meanwhile for the iOS app here is a partial workaround that reduces a bit the problem:
I moved the camera display to be first in the icons list by adding a space in the front of the camera name to enable the alphabetical sorting to favor it first. With this the list of icons comes next and at least a part of icons is there when opening the room screen. When scrolling to the next there is a delay loading the icons still but at least not wrong icons just empty ones.

Hope this helps somebody,

Horia
Maison avec eedomus+, 200 dispositifs(60 en zwave/+, 10 en RFXcom, 5 cameras, les restes virtuel), automatisation éclairage, sécurité maison, environnement, access, chauffage, notifications, agenda.
Horia

Messagepar Horia » 15 Jan 2020 22:34

I found another workaround, more permanent, but requires work.

It seems the delayed display problem does not affect the personal icons.

If we upload the icons as personal images (I purely dragged and dropped some from the default ones on my desktop, uploaded them and replaced those that were default).

It appears that personal icons are cached by the iOS app while the icons from the eedomus baseline stock are loaded each time from their cloud hence why I think the delay until the page in the app refreshes.

I opened a case with these specific details, will see what the team says if anything.

Horia
Horia

Messagepar Harzhal » 16 Jan 2020 08:46

Bonjour Horia,

Tout d'abord, depuis mon dernier message sur ce fil de discussion, j'ai échangé mon iPhone 8 contre un 11 pro et ça ne change rien.

J'ai constaté comme toi que les icônes issues d'images personnelles ou téléchargées du store eedomus dans les plugins s'affichent instantanément contrairement aux icônes issues de l'application mais comment expliquer que sur iPad, ce défaut n'est pas présent.

Je pense que pour obtenir une correction, il faudrait faire un ticket auprès de l'équipe eedomus. Comme tu es l'initiateur de ce sujet, veux-tu t'en charger ?

Hello Horia,

First of all, since my last message on this thread, I have traded my iPhone 8 for an 11 pro and that doesn't change anything.

I noticed like you that the icons from personal images or downloaded from the eedomus store in the plugins are displayed instantly unlike the icons from the application but how to explain that on iPad, this defect is not present.

I think that to obtain a correction, it would be necessary to make a ticket with the eedomus team. As you are the initiator of this subject, do you want to take care of it?
Harzhal

Messagepar Horia » 16 Jan 2020 10:07

Hi Harzhal,

Thanks for the update.

I did open two support tickets, the last being with the latest details. Meanwhile, no feedback from the eedomus team.

Let's hope they will do something about.

Horia
Horia

Messagepar Harzhal » 16 Jan 2020 10:25

Horia,

Il n’ont peut-être aucune solution pour le moment... :(
Harzhal

Messagepar Harzhal » 18 Fév 2020 20:01

Bonjour à tous,

Horia, nous avons été enfin entendus après des mois de gêne causée par ce bug. La mise à jour 1.3.23 parue hier à réglé le problème :D :P

Good morning all,

Horia, we have finally been heard after months of embarrassment caused by this bug. Update 1.3.23 released yesterday fixed the problem :D :P
Harzhal

Messagepar Horia » 20 Fév 2020 22:32

Indeed, the eedomus team did a good job on fixing several icon display issues.

I also raised as issues the group of rule display and the macro icons in the landscape view. Both fixed now.

I started appreciating again the app on iPhone. On iPad I asked for larger icons to fill better the screen, equal screen view between the rooms panel and the room panel (like on the mobile app), and for both apps to remove the room name from the device name (like in the mobile app) while is redundant (especially on iPhone where the room is the only screen once the room is selected) and makes the device name hard to read.

Horia
Horia

Messagepar Horia » 04 Mars 2020 19:15

Encore des bugs dans l'app iOS.

Les icons des macros dans une scène, sont maintenant bien présente dans le mode plan, mais quand on clique ils ne fonctionne pas.

J'ai contacté le support mais sans réaction cet fois.

Horia
Horia

Messagepar ARTNOW » 04 Mars 2020 19:53

Solution : Passer chez android , :D :D :D (humour) Bon bah je sort :)
EEDOMUS + -RFP1000-IPX 800 V4-IPX 800 V5 - FIBARO -GOOGLE(Home-Nest & mini)
ARDUINO-RASPBERRY PRUSA MK3S
Domotisation de :1xPiscine/9xClimatisations réversibles/2xVolets somfy/1xAlarme/1xChauffe-Eau thermodynamique/3xPortes Garage et 1xportail
ARTNOW

Retour vers App iOS