Why Qubino 1 relay repeated failures in same place?

Tout ce qui concerne l'usage des périphériques radios Z-Wave avec eedomus

Why Qubino 1 relay repeated failures in same place?

Messagepar Horia » 17 Sep 2018 16:55

Hello,

In 3 years and in the same wall socket I had to change 2 times a Qubino 1 relay module and I am trying to understand still why.

It deals with 11W fluo-compact charges x 8hours per day, lot less than what other Qubino relays face in my home, and also lot less state transitions, just 2 per day.

The 1st failed after few months of use in 2016 summer and I can't remember the context, the 2nd failed, just yesterday after a 2h power cut, but I saw a rule based adjustment afterwards. Is true we had a raclette lunch that created a power surge/shortcut on its circuit which is shared by 4 other Qubino relay modules that have no issues. This failed one still acts to switch buttons, but Z-wave is dead on all possible debug commands from eedomus.

I have many others actuators in my home, and never faced similar issue on any other of them, even on same electrical circuit.

I don't have enough electricity depth, and I am trying to understand how to avoid, if anybody has suggestions please share. I ordered a new one already but I really want to understand the why.

My guess and hope is that is not electrical problem, is rather production quality @ order time.

Thanks, Horia
PS: I'll share more once I learn in this process.
Maison avec eedomus+, 200 dispositifs(60 en zwave/+, 10 en RFXcom, 5 cameras, les restes virtuel), automatisation éclairage, sécurité maison, environnement, access, chauffage, notifications, agenda.
Horia

Retour vers Périphériques Z-Wave