Change the value via the API

Everything about Z-Wave radio devices with eedomus

Change the value via the API

Messagepar warzo » 31 Oct 2023 09:51

Hello!

This is my first post here, and I'll briefly explain the situation.
I have a gate connected to an Eedomus box using the Z-Wave protocol.

When I execute my "Open" / "Close" programming on the box's panel (set value to 0 or 100), everything works as expected.

I tried to do the same thing via the API, using a SET request and changing the value from 0 to 100. See below:

From the box's panel, the value changes correctly, but nothing happens physically (the gate doesn't move, and there are no signs of any signal).

So, I would like to know if I missed something, an option, or a security setting that I haven't noticed?

Thank you for reading and for any potential assistance you can provide.
warzo

Re: Change the value via the API

Messagepar rosydam » 15 Jan 2024 07:41

I'm ready to help you troubleshoot the issue with controlling your gate via the Eedomus API. Here's a comprehensive approach to narrow down the problem:

1. Verify API Endpoint and Parameters:

Double-check API documentation: Ensure you're using Pokemon Infinite Fusion the correct endpoint for setting device values.
Review parameter names and values: Confirm that you're passing the required parameters in the correct format (e.g., device ID, value type, etc.).
Check authentication: If applicable, make sure you're using valid API credentials.
2. Test API Functionality:

Use a tool like Postman: Send test requests to isolate any issues with your code or integration.
Experiment with different values: Try setting the value to 50 or other intermediate numbers to see if it triggers a response.
Check API response: Examine any error messages or status codes returned by the API.
3. Inspect Eedomus Box Configuration:

Review device settings: Ensure the gate device is configured correctly for remote control and that its status is updated in the panel.
Verify permissions: Check if any security settings or user permissions might be restricting API control.
Confirm Z-Wave communication: Inspect the Z-Wave network for reliable communication between the box and the gate.
4. Isolate Z-Wave Issues:

Check device compatibility: Ensure the gate is fully compatible with the Eedomus box and Z-Wave protocol.
Test Z-Wave communication: Use the Eedomus panel to manually control the gate and verify Z-Wave functionality.
Review Z-Wave settings: If applicable, adjust any configuration parameters related to the gate device.
Consider range and interference: Address any potential range or interference issues affecting Z-Wave signals.
Additional Tips:

Consult Eedomus community forums: Seek help from other users who might have encountered similar issues.
Engage Eedomus support: If you're unable to resolve the issue, reach out to Eedomus technical support for assistance.
Please provide as much detail as possible about your setup, the specific API request you're using, any error messages, and any troubleshooting steps you've already taken. This will help me offer more tailored guidance.
rosydam

Re: Change the value via the API

Messagepar guccishrimp » 18 Jan 2024 05:38

rosydam a écrit:I'm ready to help you troubleshoot the issue with controlling your gate via the Eedomus API. Here's a comprehensive approach to narrow down the problem:

1. Verify API Endpoint and Parameters:

Double-check API documentation: Ensure you're using dinosaur game the correct endpoint for setting device values.
Review parameter names and values: Confirm that you're passing the required parameters in the correct format (e.g., device ID, value type, etc.).
Check authentication: If applicable, make sure you're using valid API credentials.
2. Test API Functionality:

Use a tool like Postman: Send test requests to isolate any issues with your code or integration.
Experiment with different values: Try setting the value to 50 or other intermediate numbers to see if it triggers a response.
Check API response: Examine any error messages or status codes returned by the API.
3. Inspect Eedomus Box Configuration:

Review device settings: Ensure the gate device is configured correctly for remote control and that its status is updated in the panel.
Verify permissions: Check if any security settings or user permissions might be restricting API control.
Confirm Z-Wave communication: Inspect the Z-Wave network for reliable communication between the box and the gate.
4. Isolate Z-Wave Issues:

Check device compatibility: Ensure the gate is fully compatible with the Eedomus box and Z-Wave protocol.
Test Z-Wave communication: Use the Eedomus panel to manually control the gate and verify Z-Wave functionality.
Review Z-Wave settings: If applicable, adjust any configuration parameters related to the gate device.
Consider range and interference: Address any potential range or interference issues affecting Z-Wave signals.
Additional Tips:

Consult Eedomus community forums: Seek help from other users who might have encountered similar issues.
Engage Eedomus support: If you're unable to resolve the issue, reach out to Eedomus technical support for assistance.
Please provide as much detail as possible about your setup, the specific API request you're using, any error messages, and any troubleshooting steps you've already taken. This will help me offer more tailored guidance.

So how to contact Eedomus technical support? Can you tell me? I need their help.
guccishrimp

Retour vers Z-Wave devices