Perfomance, Faster version of eedomus box?

Let's talk about the box itself

Perfomance, Faster version of eedomus box?

Messagepar ivanruban » 21 Juil 2014 13:13

I won't say that eedomus box is slow. But it is junt not fast enough.

Especially what relates to rule engine. When I use eedomus rules to automate light on motion - it works but sometimes with several seconds delay between motion and action. That is why I have to use direct association between ZWave devices - works much better.

With aeon keyfob it also works fine almost all the time, but sometimes takes up to 10-15 seconds to react on button press. In comparison - rules on Fibaro HC2 work almost immediately most of the time.

I guess the main factor is actually perfomance in eedomus. Is there any plans to release a faster eedomus box version? :?:

Vera plans to release a Pro version with a new user-friendly UI and better perfomance (1 Ghz, 1 Gb), and then I believe it become a serious competitor to eedomus. http://blog.domadoo.fr/2013/01/09/micas ... les-veras/
ivanruban

Re: Perfomance, Faster version of eedomus box?

Messagepar Madoma73 » 21 Juil 2014 13:15

Hello,
in a past french post, the team said something like this.
they are thinking to a new box with more performances as now, people agree to have a little more power consumption for the box if they gain functionalities and speed. However, they did not get us any date of release not even a very rough estimation.
Pierre
Madoma73

Messagepar ivanruban » 22 Juil 2014 19:32

ppollet73 a écrit:they are thinking to a new box with more performances as now, people agree to have a little more power consumption for the box if they gain functionalities and speed. However, they did not get us any date of release not even a very rough estimation.

Fully agree with you. Energy consumption of the box itself is not so important! It is not the main factor to think about, people prefer perfomance when it relates to control of all systems in the house.

Sad that there is no estimations for a new release. :(
ivanruban

Messagepar galaksy2001 » 23 Juil 2014 20:08

Welcome "on board" ivanruban ;)
galaksy2001

Messagepar ivanruban » 26 Juil 2014 08:42

galaksy2001 a écrit:Welcome "on board" ivanruban

8-) Thanks. Unfortunately the English part of the forum is not big yet, so the google translator (from french) is the best friend so far on this forum.
ivanruban

Messagepar arooj » 01 Jan 2015 11:18

Domosee était aussi prévu en ligne, mais aucun succès non plus. Apparemment la confiance n'est pas encore la, d'un autre coté la domotique est plutôt un domaine sensible :)
arooj

Messagepar @VincentRecipon » 13 Oct 2015 23:09

Hi,

This is very late answer but I've just written a post about eedomus+ which is improving a lot responsiveness.
http://www.vrdigitalworld.com/smarthome/eedomus-ici-cest-beaucoup-plus?lang=en

I'm now happy with this new device. hopefully horse power is now sufficient to handle tons of devices and rules. :P

Feel free to comment on forum if you have some questions

BR
@VincentRecipon

Retour vers The eedomus box